Welcome back to Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by Broke and Bookish. This week’s topic is Top Ten Authors I’ve Only Read One Book From but NEED to Read More!
5. Lisa Jewell – I so enjoyed reading The House We Grew Up In . Jewell’s writing style is so real and sucks you right into her stories. I’d love to try her other books.
4. Maggie Stiefvater – Okay, technically I’ve read two of her books, but they were both part of The Raven Cycle series. I need to read her other books, not in this series. The first two books of this series are so intense. I had goosebumps all the way through and I couldn’t put them down. I’ve been waiting and waiting for Blue Lily, Lily Blue for what seems like ages! But I definitely should be reading Stiefvater’s other books while I wait. Raven Boys Review.
3. Brian K. Vaughan – A friend told me about Y: The Last Man and since reading it, I’ve been constantly thinking about continuing the series. Getting it from the library is proving to be a hassle, but I’ll wait patiently to get caught up in this series. It’s exciting and if book one is any indication, the rest of the series will be pretty freaking awesome.
2. H. G. Wells – If there’s anyone that I’d love to read more of, it’s H.G. Wells. I read The Island of Dr. Moreau in university, and I’ve been amassing my list of Wells’ books that I want to read. He’s the one author that I constantly think to myself, I really need to sit down and take the time to read more of him.
1. Ruth Ozeki – If you haven’t read A Tale for the Time Being yet, you need to! It’s so excellent. It’s unique and thrilling. I’d love to read more of Ozeki’s work if it’s anything like this one. Her books get consistently good ratings on Goodreads, so it seems I’ve been missing out.
Do you have any suggestions for authors I should check out? Is there anyone you’d like to see appear on my blog?